QC Tailored for the Apparel Industry
Today’s educated consumer is focused on finding apparel with the best balance of style, quality, and price, manufactured under the highest possible ethical standards. Increased consumer awareness is making apparel quality control more important than ever.
At AI, we offer quality control and assurance services for every stage of your apparel supply chain – from source to shelf. AI has over 1,000 off-the-shelf customizable product-specific inspection checklists. Our expertise in softline testing will help your brand ensure the safety and quality of your apparel.
Apparel & Garment Testing: Assess the quality of your apparel’s materials and workmanship, using a number of quality control checks and tests, including:
|· Color shading
· Colorfastness check (Rub test)
· Symmetry check
· Size fitting test
· Adhesive check (logos, printings, markings fastness)
· Fabric weight test (for knitted garments)
· Fasteners fatigue and zip quality test
· Waterproof test
· Down feather leakage testing
|· Seam slippage test (for woven garments)
· Care labeling
· Needle damage check (for knitted garment)
· Barcode scanning test
· Burn test (for 100% cotton garment)
· Mold contamination prevention
· Metal contamination prevention
· Ventilation test
Textile Testing: Evaluate the materials used in your textiles against your quality standards and the regulations of your destination countries. AI testing includes:
|· Fiber identification
· Performance testing
|· Flammability testing
· Eco textile testing (banned azo colorants, heavy metals, etc.)
Footwear Testing: AI provides a comprehensive range of quality control tests for every kind of footwear, allowing you to verify its durability and make sure its components are free of hazardous substances.
Jewelry Testing: Fashion jewelry made of various materials, including non-precious metals and polymer materials, is tested against relevant safety regulations to ensure that it is free of harmful substances. AI also offers a battery of performance tests for every type of fashion jewelry, allowing you to check corrosion resistance, flammability, tension, and other performance characteristics of your product.
Eyewear Testing: Whether your brand offers distance glasses, reading glasses, sunglasses, or prescription-free fashion eyewear, AI’s quality control testing will help you ensure your eyewear satisfies all quality and performance requirements.
Leathergoods Testing: Ensure that your leather products are made of genuine leather and meet the appropriate standards for durability and safety.
Garment and Apparel Lab Testing Expertise
In addition to the above physical and mechanical tests, AI laboratory tests ensure that your garments and apparel meets consumer safety standards and regulatory requirements of your destination market. AI’s laboratories offer the following tests:
|· Harmful substances
· Fiber identification
· Banned azo colorants
· North America chemical testing
· Dimensional Stability: Torque, Stretch & Recovery, and Shrinkage
· Performance: Abrasion or Pilling
· Weather Testing: Waterproof, Windproof, Thermal
|· CPSIA testing
· REACH testing
· GB 18401 testing
· Antibacterial & Antimicrobial testing
· Formaldehyde testing
· Dimethylfumarate testing
· Colorfastness check (CF to light, perspiration, saliva, water, bleach, etc.)