All products intended to be imported to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must be complying with the requirements of the Conformity Assessment Program enforced by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI). In order to clear any shipment at Saudi customs, all imports require a Certificate of Conformity (also known as SASO CoC) issued by an authorized 3rd party provider certification body in the country of product origin. This mandatory Certificate asserts that the products and / or manufacturing processes comply with the Saudi Arabian national standards issued and adopted by Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO), and is therefore required for a smooth customs clearance for imported goods.
The Saudi Arabia certification scheme (SASO CoC) is in line with the Saudi Future Vision for Quality 2020 program, through which the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) aims to improve and develop the quality of the products and services sold in Saudi Arabia, by accredited certification bodies such as Compliance Enviro Services to ensure its implementation.
Compliance Enviro Services: An Authorised Accredited Certification Body
Compliance Enviro Services is accredited as a certification body by the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) & Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO). AI is authorized to conduct the comprehensive verification process for product shipments intended for the Saudi Arabian market.
How to Get Started
- Create your account or login
- An account manager will guide you through the SASO booking process
- You are required to fill out the application form (COC Application Form) and attach to your online booking.
Compliance Enviro Services is Certified in the Following Product Categories:
AI is certified for all consumer product and building material product categories (except cosmetics). These include, but are not limited to:
- Sanitary ware, tiles, bricks, blocks & related product
- Insulation and cladding material for walls, ceilings and floors
- Plastic pipes and metal pipes used in electrical wiring systems and water in buildings and fittings
- Doors windows, glass and accessories
- Adhesives including adhesive tapes, glues & similar products
- Machinery used in the food industry
- Machinery and equipment portable
- Pressure devices and accessories
- Fire Fighting Equipment, Sprinkler System & similar products
- Tissue paper products and related product
- Radios and Telecommunication Terminal Equipment
- Vehicle Spare Parts
- Appliances and electrical equipment low voltage
Certificate of Conformity (SASO Certification) Process:
The certification process may vary depending on the product type, but will generally include the following stages:
- Finished product inspection
- Lab testing and analysis
- Audit of the manufacturing process
- Documentary check
- Assessment of compliance with applicable standards and regulations
Certificate of Conformity (SASO CoC)
If your products are found compliant with the SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) standards, AI will issue a Certificate of Conformity, which will allow your shipment to clear Saudi customs.
Who Needs SASO Certification
Any company supplying goods and products to Saudi Arabia, including apparel, toys, electronics, cosmetics, vehicles, furniture, etc. needs a SASO certification.
The only exceptions are the following product categories, which are exempt from the CoC requirements and are regulated by other standards:
- Crude oil
- Medicines and Medical products
- Military related products